Day two of London Fashion Week, and the empty wide boulevard that is the Mall was thoroughly shook awake by the blaring sounds of Icona Pop and Charli XCX’s I love it. Apt for a collection that we, sitting in what felt like a scuzzy nightclub with show notes on knee –also, loved.
Model du mois, Cara Delevigne opened the show, while her pal Katie Grand - you've seen them work together for Katie's Hogan collection and a cover of Love magazine - styled the show once again for the design trio; Sid Bryan, Joe Bates and Cozette McCreery. In true Sibling style, we had a shed load of fun – enjoying the colourful, girly collection celebrating youth through saccharine sweet looks which somehow still have an air of impossibly cool toughness.
What we loved at SISTER by SIBLING:
- The loop knitted dress and scarf…the bigger the knit the smaller we look right?
- The quintessential Brit skirt suit – Fair Isle blue knitted jumper with matching pencil skirt or a pink rose printed twin set with matching skirt anyone?
- Red leopard – previously exclusively seen on scary nineties bomber jackets, the SISTER by SIBLING designers transform the red and black animal pattern into a print that feels completely fresh. And not at all as scary as it sounds.
- The hats. As the first few looks came out you could visibly see fashion editors mentally chuck our their new season neon beanies and make way for these oversized beret-meets-beanie slouchy hat. They rocked.
- That hair – we wondered how the models were ever going to get their hair back to normal in time for the next show, but totally enjoyed the Grace Coddington style manes that the hats barely contained.