It was a morning of great heights with the compass of cool shifting up, up, and away as designers opted for skyrise glass buidings in the city to debut their A/W '13 collections. Antonio Berardi put on a polished and sleak performance with his combination of homespun and futuristism. There were plaids and tweeds mixed in with sheer panelling and jumbo crystals. Nothing was as it originally seemed, on second glance we noticed Berardi's attention to the backs and side panels, an added treat for the audience. Sexy and body hugging from the front, balloning sleeves and caped backs being key silhouettes.
Things we loved from the show...
- Sheer side panels with jumbo crystals. The attention to detail on the sides, and backs mean these dresses are 360 visual treat.
- The sculptural heels: weirdly wonderful. The archetectural heels.
- The clever use of shading, Berardi really does know how to flatter the female form, smart colour coding.
- The holographic jacquard in the sports baseball shaped sweater dress.
- Cape backs. Longer lengths that trailed behind attached to dresses, tops and to a jumpsuit.