After last season's shebang for Lanvin's 10th Birthday, how on earth could Alber Elbaz top it this time round? By starting from scratch and taking us back to school - literally. Last night's Spring 2013 show was held at the Ecole Nationale Superieure Des Beaux-Arts which features a magnificent glass roof so the reflection of our phones were reflected like sparkling stars. Here are our highlights from the show...
1. The collection opened in black and white with 12 monochrome looks that were a variation on the tuxedo. Hello strong-shouldered power dressing!
2. The battle of two heel heights was on! There were super-high court shoes contrasted with the flattest of sandals. Brilliantly, both styles worked with the tuxedo creations as well as the colourful cocktail dresses.
3. We adored the deconstructed bows that were given an Asian twist.
4. What looked like sequins on one-shouldered jumpsuits and jackets were in fact metal paillettes, bring the '70s shapes bang up to date.
5. On the accessories front, wristlet clutches were covered in black crystals and disc pendants were layered onto evening gowns.
Oh, and then champagne, macaroons and sandwiches were served! Let the Fashion Week food fest continue...