Emma Hill took us back to the seventies for Mulberry's Spring Summer 2013 collection, set in an English country garden. The catwalk was decorated with a garland of pastel flowers, garden gnomes and geckos!
The colour palette was a mix of school-uniform inspired neutrals (think navy, brown, tan and black) and countryside blossom pastels (delish pear sorbet, light berry cream, light peach, bright apricot and mint). And then there was print: english florals- ditzy and busy, met tropical geckos which played out in contrasting colourways.
Luxe fabrics (metallic brocades and butter soft leather were particularly fab) took shape in seventies style tailoring, whilst English military wear inspired cool oversized bikers and Peacoats.
Here are our highlights:
1. The head-to-toe printed ensembles- finished with coordinating bags!
2. Modern utility: we can't get enough of the oversized biker jackets.
3. The Willow: Mulberry's Spring Summer 2013 'It' bag, we predict a fashion riot when those babies hit store!
4. Summer leather: butter-soft flares? Sign us up!
5. Seventies tailoring: particulary the white tux.
Yum: Mulberry's rainbow cake and delicious juice @Grazia_Live
FROW line up: The Lana Del Rey, Kate Moss and Alexa Chung sandwich.
Favourite model: Kinga Rajzak, complete with coordinating Mulberry clad Poodle!
Tasty treats: Rainbow cake and pastel coloured fruit juices kept the crowd nourished (see pics above).
Fashion line-up: Alexa Chung, Mulberry's Emma Hill, Kate Moss and Lana Del Rey @Mulberry_Editor