When we thought that London Fashion week couldn’t get any more hectic, Monday happened and we were zooming between backstage areas on a half-hourly basis. Check out our round up of the biggest and best beauty news from day four below:
- Sports-Luxe Hair: Backstage at Berardi we fell head over heels for session stylist Orlando Pita’s swishy rope braids. “These models are sporty, all-American girls and we needed to find a look that matched this mood. A ponytail wasn’t enough and a fishtail plait was too much, so this twisted braid seemed just the thing,” he told us. We couldn’t agree more.
- Game on: David Koma’s collection was inspired by the game of tennis and the even models were styled as beautiful tennis players. Clever huh? Nails, courtesy of the amazing Marion Newman and Nail rock were printed with tennis court-netting no less. We LOVE.
- Say My Name: This was the fashion week that the beauty backstage team introduced a whole new level of branding. Makeup Val Garland got in there first debuting amazing “Val Garland” tape, which stuck the face charts to her team’s mirrors. Then, on day four, hair hero Kenna introduced KENNALAND stickers to do the same at his shows too. Aren’t they cute?
- Rockabilly Beauties: It’s probably not a look that you’ll be trying at home, but Louise Gray’s models were certainly a spectacle to behold. Hand-drawn crown eyebrows, orange lips and blue beauty spots were order of the day in makeup, while Sam McKnight whipped up towering, off-centre updo’ s over in hair. Wow.
- Hot Lips: Backstage at Giles we fell head over heels for MAC Lip Pencil in Embrace Me. Also used to produce the two-tone pouts at Holly Fulton, we for one, will definitely be investing.