Forget London Fashion Week, this week has officially become J.W. Anderson's! Not only was it Jonathan's birthday on the day of his show, but the entire fash pack have been head-to-toeing non-stop in his flying-off-shelves Topshop collaboration (most spotted: tartan, paisley, kilt skirts and motif jumpers) and his mainline. All that plus a genuinely faithful line-up of fashion friends on the FROW and a concise and precise collection to cement his status as a designer on the circuit who isn't afraid to push the envelope - and still create beautifully wearable clothes. So what's hot for J Dubs' SS13 ?
1. Bandeau frill crop tops. These had first featured in J.W. Anderson's resort collection with full skirts. This time he restyled then with peplum'd skorts. Jonathan told us backstage that these mini tops were also his favourite piece.
2. The colour palette. Baby blue, pastel pink, lemon yellow. No one else could possibly make such super sweet colours look so shoulder shruggingly cool.
3. The contrast lapel biker jackets. So wearable, so easy. The hard part is deciding between monochrome and grey...
4. Matchy matchy loose tops and full skirts in an almost oil paint-splodged pastel and black print.
5. Chain collar necklaces. Ladylike shape, subversive on closer inspection. Perfect with pretty much every top/jumper/dress we can think of.
Daisy Lowe, Derek Blasberg and Pixie Geldof on the J.W. FROW. @DerekBlasberg
FROW line up: Pixie Geldof perched on Derek Blasberg's lap, Alexa Chung in J.W.'s bat knit from Topshop, Daisy Lowe, Delilah, Jennifer Hudson and Corrine Bailey-Rae. Plus girl of the moment, Azealia Banks, swathed in something furry and funny.
Piece we'll buy: The biker and minimalist ruffled grey dress. Do we have to stop there?
The item to divide opinion: Flat patent ankle boots. Not for the faint hearted, but true J.W. fans know he's all about the flat footwear. There's no compromise in Anderson-land!