Grown-up minimalism was where it was at for Topshop Unique's show earlier today. As guests piled into a space-age like pod to see what affordable delights the high street giant was offering up for Spring/Summer 2013 and as the first looks emerged, the venue became rather on-theme!
Sophisticated tailoring in a monochrome colour palette was followed by splashes of yellow and abstract prints, whilst asymmetric zip detailing provided an urban vibe, and body-con skirts and crop tops layered with oversized tailoring proved to be a successful combination. With transparent panelling and metallic accents also playing a significant role… Here are our highlights:
1. The oversized, mannish white trouser suit: stole the show.
2. Black and royal blue for summer- we're totally into it!
3. You can't argue with those sexy minimalist silver sandals.
4. The graphic monochrome check prints: a welcome break from summer florals.
5. Look 16: one cool, crisp shirt-dress: dress it up, dress it down, wear it full stop.
Top model: Jourdan Dunn opened the show.
FROW watch: Hot new voices, singers, Jessies: Ware and Mills were rubbing shoulders and catching away.
Feel good factor: this is the catwalk collection with one price-friendly price tag!