And breathe… As we come to the end of a very busy second day of London Fashion Week shows, we round up the biggest and best beauty looks from the day.
1. The Bob Is Back – At a very relaxed backstage area for the Clements Ribeiro show, hair hero Sam McKnight rolled and wrapped long hair around net ‘sausages’ to create light-hearted but grown-up bobs. Two Goody combs added the perfect finishing touch. “It’s quite 30’s, but in a youthful, naïve way.” Sam told us. So pretty!
2. Fabulous Freckles – Freckles showcased at Sass & Bide yesterday, and today they popped up backstage at Kinder Aggugini where Val Garland (who had all of the models ready by 8am even though the show wasn’t until 10am just f.y.i) created beautiful, rural, Holly Hobby-esque girls who had been out fishing. “We used 2-5 different brow pencils, lip pencils and shadows to draw on chaotic, random freckles,” she explained.
3. LA Cool – The Holly Fulton models were super-cool skater girls and we couldn’t decide which bit of their beauty look was most fabulous; the cute balls bouncing across their nails, or the pink and orange two-tone lips conjured up by makeup artist Andrew Gallimore. Want to give that pout a go? You need the hot pink MAC lip pencil in Embrace Me and MAC Lip Mixes in Fuchsia, White and Orange. Go on – we dare you.
4. Ga-Ga For Gucci (Westman) – Oh we do so love makeup artist Gucci Westman for her eternal ability to conjure up beauty looks that we want to wear, like, immediately. In a chic backstage area downstairs at the new Rag & Bone store in Sloane Square she masterminded cool 90’s moto-cross girls. “This is fresh, honest beauty at its best – think Christy Turlington and Linda Evangelista.” If we must…! And don’t even get us started on how desperate we are to get our hands on Revlon’s new Baby Stick Blushes – sadly we have to wait until their launch date next Spring. *Sigh*
5. Nailing Nudes – “I can honestly tell you that this season’s nude nail trend is the biggest one I have seen in fifteen years,” Marion Newman told us backstage at Moschino Cheap and Chic, where she blended MAC nail varnishes in Cream Delicate and Faint of Heart to match individual girl’s skin tones. “We’re aiming for seamless tips and toes,” she added.
Follow @GRAZIAbeauty for live backstage beauty updates from LFW!