You've got to love the Aussies for their endless ability to put on an energetic parade of powerful, amazonian-like models who ooze strength and confidence. Watching many of the Australian designers showing at London Fashion Week is the equivalent to getting a serious girl-power pep talk. And today, after several seasons in New York, designer Kit Willow returned to London to show her Spring Summer 2013 collection.
With a beachy palette of sandy nudes, sea-water aquas and sunrise orange, the collection was particularily lightweight compared to previous seasons. Kit described it as 'endeavouring to capture the moment between dream and fantasy by embodying the reality of a dream through a play on transparency'.
Here are the five things we loved...
- Super lightweight silk chiffon kaftan dresses layered over warrior style corsetry belts
- Fabulous perforated leather gladiator sandals courtesy of Christian Louboutin
- Minimalist cutaway high-waisted bikinis layered under billowy silk chiffon jumpsuits
- Willow's signature tailored jacket, this time in a high shine black
- The standout blue eyeshadow worn by the models