For Sass and Bide’s return to the London circuit after a brief hiatus, they brought the starriest FROW, some jaw dropping models and their trusted brand of opulence and Aussie bohemia to showcase the new collection entitled LOVESHADY. We were happy to have the lovely design duo Heidi Middleton and Sarah Jane Clarke back in the UK, and we weren’t alone in our enthusiasm; inside the Royal Holticultural Hall venue in London’s South West, Grazia Daily’s latest top crush, Alison Mosshart shimmied up to Shingai Shoniwa of the Noisettes, Poppy Delevingne, new FROW girl notchin’ ‘em up Delilah, Twiggy, Leah Weller and Jasmine Guinness. But what were our favourite things? Read on…
1. Poppy Delevingne proud as punch of her lil sis Cara walking the runway in a series of metallic-dashed monochrome dresses. She even tried to take pics on her phone!
2. Bow Wow Wow’s ‘I Want Candy’ blaring out. Now that’s a song to guarantee a subtle fashion ed bop.
3. The neon beading and beautiful neon shell detailing. It came most stupendously in a mini sleeveless shift dress. We’d very much like some jewellery to match…
4. Necklace necklines. It’s a bit of a Sass and Bide trait, that metal-work mixed with something soft and feminine, and it works a treat. Just think of it as accessorising without the faff!
5. Textures textures everywhere! Feathers mixed with beading, metal, chiffon, sharp tailoring, tassels, blended with metallic, origami…. You name it, these girls can work it together. It’s success was all down to the stripped-back monochrome palette.
Jourdan doing her fierce thing in Sass and Bide's sparkly gown @Christiana1987
Top Look: In addition to the shell embroidered dress, we’re intrigued by a clever white tux-cum-cape creation with sharply trimmed black edges.
Top Model: A toss up between Jourdan Dunn in a striking silver gown and Cara Delevigne in a series of minis. She does give good ‘brow.
Top FROWer: Alison Mosshart. Esp as she revealed she’s thinking about designing her own line. YAY!
Top Moment: We’ll never grow tried of seeing Heidi and Sarah-Jane living the Sass and Bide life in their own creations. These girls are the best ambassadors a brand could wish for. Good catwalk bow.