We braved the tornadoes and downpours in New York to take a peek backstage at Saturday's shows. With three major designers showing their collections - Prabal Gurung, Alexander Wang and Altuzarra - it seemed apt that the weather mirrored the electric atmosphere. So what were our highlights?
1. The royal blue eyeliner at Altuzarra teamed with simple make-up was in sync with the collection's minimal but luxurious style. 'Navy blue is so chic,' Tom Pecheux told us backstage.
2. Sultra's clever new hair tool debuted at backstage at the Alexander Wang show. The Bombshell oval tongs create relaxed, beachy loose style waves. 'They are not bridal waves,' Guido affirmed, 'They're fool proof'. We want.
3. The nails at Prabal Gurung, like the make-up, took a 'haunting' influence. Using Sally Hansen's Angel Bite - a deep blood-like red - the nail team made the effect of dripping blood, similar to Khloe Kardashian's rain nails that you saw on Grazia Daily last week. Hmm, is nail art making a comeback? We can but wish!
4. The super-sculpted skin at Prabal Gurung was paled down so the models were a paler shade than their natural post-holiday bronze. 'I feel already that this season is going to be about paler skin, it's going to be a big trend, it's such much chicer to be paler', says Charlotte Tilbury. You heard it here first!
5. Is that..? Could it be...? Yep that really is Liberty Ross backstage at the Alexander Wang show. The model - who's braved a media frenzy since THAT scandal shocked the world - hasn't been seen on a catwalk in years so we're happy to see her back where she belongs and looking fierce-r than ever. Talk about a comeback!
Oh, and we have to tell you about hitching a lift with major model Jac Jagaciak. After arriving at what we thought was the correct address for the Altuzarra show, it soon became clear that the venue had changed - but Jac and Grazia Daily had failed to receive the memo. Whoops. But the gorgeous catwalker became our model in shining armour when she let us jump in her car. How sweet! Considering the show was due to start in 30 miinutes, Jac really was our hero.
For more backstage scoops from New York Fashion Week, stay tuned to Grazia's Shows section and @GraziaBeauty on Twitter