We are dying to catch up with Jonathan Saunders and find out the words of wisdom his mentor Anna Wintour imparted in her pre- show pep talk. We spotted the American Vogue editirix deep in conversation with the designer backstage. We are sure she approved of the collection of clean lines, simple tones and block colours inspired by Swedish cult vampire movie “Let the Right One in” and sent out a troupe of blond models who’d had their inner lips painted red by make up artist Lucia Pieroni. The clothes were just want we want to wear next season… and that says it all.
What we loved:
1. Genius layering - neon underlayers with soft white chiffon over the top. A grown up and chic way to wear fluro.
2. The Louboutin shoes – super high, with multi straps snaking up the ankles.
3. Stealth neon - the insoles of some of the shoes revealed the tiniest flashes of fluro yellow, pink or orange.
4. The shift redefined – JS has taken the classic shift dress and given it a 2010 shake up – using sheer panels, smattering of studs and simple graphic prints (not all together!).
5. The spray paint prints on linen jackets and box pleat skirts. We want!
- Siobhan Mallen