The invitation for the Marios Schwab show was a pair of 3-D glasses. What were they for? We soon found out when we turned up to the show and saw the print he had developed. This show was Marios back on top of his game, doing body-conscious high-luxe dreses created with clever panels, zips, and fissures of crystals that erupted from panels along the spine, or across the shoulder. He said he was inspired by "research into crystal fissures, where rocks are affected by changes in pressure and temperature, that affect their stability." He also took inspiration from Rodin. The overall effect was elegant, dramatic and super sexy. The general conclusion was that this was his best show ever. This London Fashion Week is shaping up to be world class.
WHAT WE LOVED
1) When dresses with a blurry marble effect print appeared on the runway, the front and second row put the 3-D glasses up to their eyes - and what we saw was a visual feast as the marble print appeared changed with what looked like protrudring crystals. Amazing!
2) Fraggle Rock inspired pink shaggy coat and the turquoise shaggy gilet.
3) The pink double layer dress at the begining at the show.
4) The body con boxy jackets.
5) The exploding satin on one piece.
Check out the latest London reports from Charles Anastase, John Rocha, Topshop Unique, Basso & Brooke, Armand Basi One, Ann-Sofie Back, Christopher Kane, Jaeger London, PPQ, Luella, Twenty8Twelve, Julien MacDonald, Erdem and all the rest by clicking here!