Inside the bright white, clean space of the Saatchi gallery, you'd perhaps expect a catwalk collection of ethereal girliness or clean futuristic lines. But Armand Basi One is the kind of design house who like to add an element of the unexpected, and designer Markus Lupfer stuck to his Basi guns and did a blazing tour de force of grungey punk meets sexy secretarym, which set against the stark gallery walls looked all the more dramatic. Ditching last season's bright prints and oversized patterns, his palette of army khaki, inky black, grey marl and navy had major winter wardrobe potential which took his signature extreme proportions to a new and more accessible direction. That works for us! And we reckon long time fan Roisin Murphy will be in those grey suede harem pants quicker than you can say ‘Moloko':
1) Ok, it's controversial and a definite Marmite of the shoe world, but we kinda loved the big brothel creeper shoes. Trés Alice Dellal.
2) The Gallery Space - airy, spacious and bright, somewhere we could actually breathe!
3) The pentagon handbags - half briefcase, half bizarre quirky bag. Fun!
4) The ribbed wool leggings will be super comfy come Wintertime.
5) No makeup-makeup. Looking bleary eyed and dishevelled is somehow cool...
FIVE LOOKS WE LOVED...
1) Navy and black stripy eyelet jumper dress.
2) Khaki sharp cap shoulder army dress.
3) Black oversized tux tucked into pencil skirt.
4) Huge black trench coat over skinny pant.
5) Black sequin pencil skirt and geometric print sweatshirt.