Why The 'Hun' (Half Bun) Is Trending
Brigitte Bardot is having a bit of a moment after both Kate Upton and Kate Moss posed as the screen starlet for recent magazine shoots. Who better to show us how to get the Bardot look than beauty blogger Tanya Burr? She's previously delved through her makeup bag to give us insight into Taylor Swift's all-American style, Made In Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh's party look, Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup, Emma Stone's winged eyeliner, Audrey Hepburn's timeless look, the gorgeous Victoria's Secret models glowing cheeks and luscious lips, Lana Del Rey's modern 60's look and Olivia Palermo's natural rosey complexion, so we can't wait to explore Brigitte's 60s siren sex appeal.
Hey guys, this week I will be giving you a step by step guide on how to recreate Brigitte Bardot's iconic look.
1. Start by using a foundation that won't give an overly dewy finish, Clinique's Superbalanced Make-up foundation is great for a flawless, but matte finish.
2. Brigitte’s eyebrows were light and understated, so use a light shade and run this through your natural brow shape.
3. Take a black shadow, and place this all across the lid and into the inner corners. Elongate the eyeshadow out slightly for that beautiful and classic cat look. Then take a blending brush and blend the eyeshadow out for a soft and smokey finish. Keep going with this until you get your desired colour intensity. Run the shadow under the eye as well for extra definition.
4. Really integral to this look is the liner. Take your favourite black liner and run this across the lash line and then most importantly, create the signature Bardot flick. Top off the eyes with a dramatic mascara look.
5. For the skin, powder if necessary, and then contour the cheek bones with bronzer and sweep this across the temples too for extra warmth. Next apply a neutral, matte peachy blush to the cheeks to get the strong Bardot colour.
6. Last of all is the lips, she always wore lip liner as part of her lip and it was always slightly visible, so start by lining the lips with a natural coloured liner and then fill in the lips using a similar matte nude colour with a slight peachy tone. Your Brigitte Bardot look is complete!