Do you want fit, fast and delicious food? Then you're in the right place. We've teamed up with Zoo Kitchen - a new Youtube channel for foodies - to show you that cooking doesn't have to be time consuming and healthy food doesn't equal boring.
With a new video every Tuesday, Jessica Zoo will show you super-quick, easy and healthy recipes that will make your mouth water. So remove the cobwebs from the spatulas - whether you're a full-time mum or have a fully-fledged career, it's time to get back in the kitchen. We've already treated you to the recipe for healthy brownies and a yummy prawn and mango salad and for today's installment, it's all about...
Chicken Noodle Soup
This recipe is very quick and you can make a tasty noodle soup in under 10 minutes! The secret is the order in which you add the various ingredients as they all have different cooking times. If you put all the ingredients together in one you will end up with chicken mushy soup. Just follow the steps and you will end up with a tasty, super healthy chicken noodle soup recipe which is filling, very nutritious but low calories and low in fat!
Ingredients (serves 2)
150g plain rice noodles (or 60g if dry)
150g roast chicken breast
1/2 a yellow pepper
30g spring onions
2 cups of lettuce
1 stock cube
1. Heat a pan and boil 2 cups of water (you can always add more if you need to at the end) - add a good quality stock cube. Alternatively, just use fresh chicken stock - even better!
2. Chop the spring onions and the peppers - these go in first as they take longer to cook.
3. Dice the chicken and add to the boiling pan. Let it simmer for a minute or 2.
4. Add your rice noodles, again let it simmer for a minute.
5. Crack the egg into the soup - wait 30 seconds before you gently stir.
6. Chuck in the lettuce leaves and leave it to simmer for 1 or 2 more minutes.
7. Add seasoning if you wish: salt, pepper and even some soy sauce.
8. It will be piping hot when you serve, so you may want to leave it a few minutes to rest first!