With Glastonbury starting this week we’re ignoring all reports of impending weather doom and packing our bags for a weekend of partying, music and - let's be realistic here - mud. We'll also be slipping in a little campfire treat to take along too (for when the rain gets too much), which is why we were very happy when Lady Bunny from Bunny Little’s Bakery, mistress of cakes with a catwalk twist, offered to make us some snacks to take along. We think this cute little festival survival kit (pictured below) is perfect for getting in the festival spirit! Scroll below for how to make them.
BUNNY LITTLE'S GLASTONBURY SURVIVAL KIT
- 200g unsalted soft butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 400g plain flour, plus a touch more for dusting
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
1. In the electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and any flavouring until well mixed and just becoming creamy in texture. Don’t overwork, or the cookies will spread during baking.
2. Beat in the egg until well combined. Sieve in the flour and mix on low speed until a dough forms. Gather it into a ball, wrap it in the cling film and place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it briefly. Using two 5mm guide sticks, roll it out to an even thickness.
4. Use cookie cutters or draw shapes on a piece of card and using a palette knife lay these on a baking tray lined with greaseproof. Chill again for about 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 180c.
5. Bake for 6 – 10 minutes depending on size until golden brown at the edge. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
6. Mix your icings with any colour you like and start designing your biscuits to create your personalized Glastonbury survival kit! Lady Bunny recommends neon colours are best for an eye- catching, on trend treat.
Find Bunny Little's Bakery at 9 Campdale Road, Tufnell Park, London N7 0EA. Opening times: Monday to Saturday 7:30am-5:30pm, Sunday 8am-5:30pm.