As you know, The Great British Bake Off is back on our screens and as a result baking fever has hit gas mark 9. Week one concentrated on cake and saw poor Claire from Cheshire go home after a brownie related disaster. This week was biscuit-mania and the bakers were tasked with creating a 3D biscuit extravaganza. Favourites included a George and the Dragon scene from Luis and a snowy mountain ski vista from Martha (above left). The one that took the biscuit with the judges though was from builder Richard who created a pirate island complete with mermaids and monsters (Above bottom left).
As with every week, the highlight was the witty banter from comedy hosts Mel and Sue. Here on Grazia Daily we are going to be bringing you the best of the duos double entendres every week. As Scottish construction worker Iain would say, "That’s a cracker!"
Best Of Mel & Sue This Week On GBBO
1. To kick the show off Sue quipped, "I'm not sure I want to see anything that’s been up Paul Hollywood’s sleeve". Here at Grazia we are sure all his has up his sleeve is a stunning time piece!
2. Alongside cracking jokes, Mel and Sue tucked into some fortune cookies each predictably loaded with one of their trademark observations of each other. Sue remarked, "Bin your comedy partner...she is just dragging you down" whilst Mel's response was, "Beware of the middle aged woman to your right eating biscuits", this tete-a-tete really setting the tone for the rest of the show.
3. The bakers' first challenge was to create a cheese based savoury biscuit. Sue described it as, "More cheesy than an ABBA tribute band at an all-night fondue bash." Brilliant! Or should that be brie-illiant?!
4. At the halfway point of the savoury biscuit challenge, Sue exclaimed to the bakers, "You are halfway through your cheesy challenge...gouda for you!"
5. Finally , whilst describing the 3D biscuit scene task, Sue (clearly on form this week) explained to the bakers "your 3D scene has got to stand up, which is more than I can say about us [Paul, Mary, Sue and Mel] in the hotel bar later". Cheeky times from the presenters.
This week due to his non-lacy Florentines and his less than explosive rocket cookie scene, Enwezar left the show....that's just how the cookie crumbles.
Follow Victoria on Twitter @VicGrier