Think it’s too early to get your legs out? Think again, these A-listers are paving the way for smart summer dressing with our favourite tailored trend – short suits!
Last night one of our favourite He’s Just Not That Into You actress ever - Ginnifer Goodwin stepped out in a cobalt blue Misha Nonoo short suit with white piping. GG absolutely nailed this trend – elongating her legs with simple black court shoes, going hands-free without a clutch or fussy bag, and adding matching sunglasses for a touch of rock star ‘tude.
Another rather dashing lady, Karolina Kurkova opted for a pretty shorts suit too – opting for head-to-toe fuchsia adding peek-a-boo gladiator style heels and a matchy match feather clutch to add a little frill and fun to her severe tailoring.
5 fail-safe steps to rocking the short suit
- Make like a Crayola and go head-to-toe monochrome. One colour-tailoring adds extra style points – and transforms tiny tailoring from twee to high-stylin’.
- For eveningwear, heels are a must. Add skyscraper black heels gladiators a la Karolina to add a punky edge.
- More is more – don’t hold back when it comes to short suits – what you lsoe in leg length, make up for in extra layers! We recommend a matching waistcoat and blouse.
- Keep accessorizing simple – a tailored suit is never going to be grungy, so leave your spikey cuffs at home. Instead add matching but sleek accessories, and if you need some jewels, go for trinket rings stacked up to the max.
- While the catwalk showed mostly plain un-patterned shorts suits for spring summer, the high street has gone print-tastic with theirs. We recommend less is more when it comes to print, and if you’re going to go for it, keep the colours monochrome á la Helmut Lang.