It's a spring/summer '13 catwalk trend that we loved instantly, and one of the easiest to work into your wardrobe now, so is it any wonder our favourite A-listers have been so quick off the mark with the new glam-grunge look?
Hot off the catwalk (from left): Dries Van Noten, 3.1 Philip Lim, Acne & 3.1 Philip Lim
3.1 Philip Lim's spring/summer '13 catwalk show was a masterclass in grungy layering, think: printed tees, under biker jackets, with plaid shirts tied around the waists of skirt clad models and note the fierce flats!
Dries Van Noten was in on the act too, sending an elegant take on the trend down the runway: oversized mannish tailoring looked sharp over sheer checked shirts, and who could resist this gorgeously slouch sweater, effortlessly thrown over layers of printed chiffon. Beauty look to imitate: berry red lips and wavy locks.
Look we're in love with: Dries Van Noten
And not forgetting Acne, who's clompy shoes, monochrome stripes and buckled leather gilet make for a tougher take on the grunge look.
So what are the style secrets of staying chic when it comes to spring/summer '13's glam-grunge trend? Scroll the gallery above and follow our top five tips to avoid looking like a Camden Lock clique...
1. Be grown-up: the vibe of this trend might come off a bit teenage angst but to pull it off the spring/summer '13 way ensure at least one piece of your outfit is tailored, just like Gwen Stefani and Jessica Alba in their plaid trousers or Nicole Richie's monochrome striped shirt.
2. Let your footwear do the talking: do like Ashley Olsen and update your current wardrobe with a pair of heavy tread grunge boots, they'll have you working the look in a jiffy! (See this week's Grazia magazine's boots story for where to get yours).
3. Out-size your proportions: take a tip from Dries Van Noten and go for oversized proportions. Mannish tailored shirts and fine knit sweaters will add that all-important nonchalant vibe to your look.
4. Make the most of what you've already got: standout biker jackets as modelled by Nicole Richie, Alexa Chung and Jessica Alba (in the gallery above), and printed tees a la Kate Bosworth are wardrobe staples that lend themselves brilliantly to this trend, so dig 'em out and get them on!
5. Balance your beauty: whilst undone hair complements the spring/summer '13's glam-grunge trend brilliantly, make sure you keep your make-up look polished with a glossy nude or strong red-hue lip.