Pristine whites and creamy hues were all over the spring/summer '13 catwalks, from broderie Anglaise action at Oscar de da Renta, Simone Rocha, and Moschino, to sleek, sheer creations at Victoria Beckham and Emilio Pucci, all making for an irresistibly chic trend. And the best news is you don't have to wait for summer to arrive to start sporting the look!
Spring/Summer '13: Simone Rocha, Victoria Beckham, Oscar de la Renta
Case in point: Alexa Chung's fabulous London Fashion Week oufit (see gallery above), she teamed a JW Anderson for Topshop patent off-white skirt, with a cream cable knit sweater, creating the perfect head-to-toe tonal look for now.
Working this look from top to bottom is what it's all about! Check out Jessica Alba (in our gallery above), snapped at New York Fashion Week wearing not only a crisp white trousers suit but a coordinating shirt, tie and clutch bag too! In fact the only colourful part of Jessica's FROW look was her fuchsia lipstick and nail colour. And how fabulous Jessica looks!
Actress Julianne Hough (also in our gallery above) made a Chloe white and cream lace blouse work off the catwalk by teaming it with sparkling white jeans, and metallic detail white trainers by Ash. And note the grey bag and oatmeal cardie- both perfect companions for an all-white ensemble.
So what are the do's and don'ts of mastering white and cream head-to-toe dressing? Here are our top tips for getting it right...
1. Textures are key- keep your look pale and interesting by playing up textures- knitwear with leather or patent pieces, intricate lace with denim, and sheer with opaque: anything goes!
2. Go sheer- sheer fabrics are brilliant for adding a modern, sporty vibe to your all-white look, try transparent dresses or blouses over jersey dresses and tops.
3. Take on tailoring- white tailoring is huge for this season, so why not invest in a skinny fit trouser suit? Breaking up the jacket and trousers into seperate outfits will give you multiple options for more casual days.
4. Team with nude shoes- perfect for both white and cream ensembles, nude pointy court shoes and peep-toes both make for great leg-lengthening options. Rooney Mara shows you how (in our gallery above).
5. Add monochrome accents- black accessories are a fab way to anchor your look if all-white looks intimidate you a little- Alexa Chung's mini black Mulberry bag, and Naomi Watt's Gucci bamboo bag both worked a treat with their all weather white looks.