victoria pendleton's Fashion Evolution
Victoria Pendleton brought tears to our eyes and sent shivers down our spines when she nabbed a gold medal this summer at the Olympics. It wasn’t long before she appeared on screen again as the sports star switched her helmet and cycling gear for glitzy dresses and her dancing shoes to contend in series 10 of BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Victoria’s time in the limelight this year has seen her evolve as a style icon in her own right! Here are our top 10 highlights from Victoria’s landmark year…
- she bagged a gold medal for team GB at this summer's Olympics
- she was belle of the ball all series on Strictly Come Dancing
- she got engaged to boyfriend and coach Scott Gardener
- ...and she's ALREADY chosen her dress
- she was belle of the ball in an asymmetric gown at The British Olympic Ball
- she posed for us at Grazia as a greek statue, on a pedestal
- she replaced her Stella McCartney Olympics get-up for a rather more glamorous Stella McCartney gown for the BFAs.
- she announced her retirement and the possibility of even pursuing a career in fashion
- she sat front row at Burberry during London Fashion Week
- she opened up about her career in a tell-all autobiography
Jheeze! We hope she's got her feet up and taking a well-deserved rest after all those achievements in just one year!
By Millie Cotton