Everyone's favourite kooky indie Queen Zooey Deschanel turned 33 yesterday, but how did she celebrate her birthday? We can confirm that the star of hit TV comedy New Girl spent the day filming the latest series of the show alongside actor Max Greenfield (AKA Schmidt) and a whole litter of kitties, natch!
The actress tweeted a picture of her furry co-stars along with the caption "Today I turned 33 and I worked with a bunch of cats. Dreams apparently DO come true."
Over on her website Hello Giggles, Zooey's team were full of praise in a birthday post which read: "We would like to wish our co-founder, style hero, and musical crackerjack and comedic inspiration, Miss Zooey Deschanel, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The birthday girl has dazzled us in many ways, one of which being her candour. Zooey isn’t afraid to share her thoughts and opinions, and we adore her for that."
Which got us a thinking, why does this lady inspire such love? Here are our top 5 Zooey D triumphs:
1. New Girl: If you weren't aware of Zooey's quirky comic timing before, then this show is the ultimate proof. When we're not crossing our fingers that Jess and Nick will put aside their differences and get it onnn, we're laughing out loud as the elementary school teacher naively navigates the world of living with boys.
2. Hello Giggles: What do you do when you're a smokin' hot Hollywood actress with things to say? Start a website with your bessies and ask the internet to get involved of course. Zooey's online outlet touches on everything from the issues facing modern women to her latest nail art experiments - and it's totally addictive.
3. She & Him: Ms Deschanel has a great voice and her band's album 'A Very She & Him Christmas' has become a regular fixture on our festive playlist.
4. JGL duet: We've never wanted two actors to get together in real life more than when we watched Zooey and her 500 Days of Summer co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing a New Year ditty on YouTube.
5. Red carpet style: She may not be pushing fashion boundaries or setting new trends, but Zooey channels retro glamour like a pro. Take a look at her biggest sartorial hits below...