Whistles AW12 Campaign
What a power-week for the high street this has been. First of all we heard that Rihanna will be showing her collaborative collection with River Island during London fashion week next month, and now we’ve just this second discovered that K-Mid favourite, Whistles will showing their Autumn Winter 2013 collection during LFW too! It will showcase the brand’s Limited Edition range of more premium looks in a small salon style presentation on Sunday 17th Feb.The brand is following in the lead of Topshop, who starting showing their own premium line, Topshop Unique in Spring 2006 - a show which is now one of the hottest tickets on London's fashion week schedule - not a surprising move for the brand to make considering their chief executive Jane Shepherdson is the former director at Topshop.
Rihanna for River Island on Saturday and Whistles takes on the catwalk on Sunday…the fashion tides are definitely turning – and we like it!
Whistles SS13 Campaign
Five reasons we love Whistles...
1. It’s a celebrity favourite – everyone from the Duchess of Cambridge to Camilla Belle rocks a Whistles dress.
2. The fash-pack love Whistles too – one of the most featured brands on the Grazia girl’s What We’re Wearing blog!
3. It is a Brit brand that cares – CEO Jane Shepperton recently launched an initiative to include talks and book clubs to help amazing women inspire other women.Girl power at its very best.
4. It’s our go-to for lux-twists on basics. Fine cashmere, tailoring and day-to-night dresses for the masses.
5. They make clothes that are built to last - Kate Middleton has been known to re-wear her favourite pieces regularly - this is no fast-fashion!