We're glad to see that the $17million Rhode Island estate which Taylor Swift purchased recently is coming in handy. It was only back in May that the singer invited actresses Hailee Steinfeld and Jessica Szohr, Girls star Lena Dunham and musician Ed Sheeran to spend Memorial Day Weekend with her at the seaside hideaway, and now she's only gone and welcomed the entire crew from her Red Tour over to celebrate Independence Day.
Taylor shared her RED, white and blue extravaganza with fans via her official blog and the personal photo album looks more like stills from her latest music video than behind-the-scenes at an intimate gathering, but when you invite professional dancers into your back yard we guess that's inevitable.
The singer blogged: "Happy belated 4th of July. Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays of the year. This time around, my touring family joined me at the beach and I wanted to show you some of the pictures because you're the reason we all get to be on tour together. You've seen us all in our show costumes on the Red Tour. Here's what we all look like in RED, white, and blue:)…"
Of course, Taylor is referring to the face paint, which seems to be a key ingredient to a Swift soirée. The 5ft 10in star revealed "I'll use any holiday as an excuse for face paint", alongside a photo of herself with 'USA' painted on her face as she applied a brush to the cheek of a willing pal. She also used paint to have a little joke on the chest of another fella, adding 'G-WASH (Board)': "Get it? Cause of George Washington and-- never mind."
Face paints weren't the only tip we picked up from the I Knew You Were Trouble singer. Here are some of her other 4th July essentials...
- A red, white and blue dress code: Tay Tay rocks the 'All-American Sweetheart' look at the best of times and has become increasingly partial to polka dot swimwear, high-waist shorts and '50s bikinis since she dated Connor Kennedy and spent time at the Kennedy compound in Cape Cod last summer. On July 4th Swift opted for a white and red cherry print bikini, a flirty floral sundress and striped Breton-style top.
- Fireworks: After the sun went down, the lights came on. Taylor and her staff whipped out the sparklers and watched a firework display from her sprawling seafront estate - not a bad way to end a perfect day!
- Big red cups: An American tradition. Try finding a college movie that does not involve the cast glugging from these plastic drink holders. Plus the colour matches perfectly with another Independence Day prop, the miniature flag, which you MUST wave enthusiastically at any available photo op.
- Competitive games: As well as admitting that she was "Doing my best to keep up in the pool tournament", Taylor organised a selection of group activities for her guests including volleyball, cornhole (something to do with throwing bean bags, we don't get it), and a treasure hunt. The gang also took some time to practice their choreography, singing and jumping up in the air, which all made for a very nice group photo.
- Lastly, in case we forget: You'll need a very large ocean-facing mansion, preferably freshly painted or all this malarkey just won't look as good. Sorry.
Take a look at Taylor Swift's Independence Day photo album in the gallery above >>