Rihanna wearing Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci on her Diamonds tour this week
Last November, Rihanna hopped aboard her private jumbo jet – destination seven cities; Mexico City, Los Angeles, New York, Toronto, Paris, Berlin and London in seven days. Oh and she took 150 journalists and competition-winning fans along for the ride.
The tour was a media sensation – but not thanks to the unprecedented access to the singer, or amazing backstage stories or gossip straight from the source, but rather for the opposite reason; Riri rarely showed her face on the plane, kept everyone waiting on the tarmac and in gig venues every night – and as a result the sleep-deprived journalists started to go a little bit stir-crazy.
Today we hear the news that a documentary on the tour will reveal; ‘an inside look at the singer's ambitious and often turbulent tour, from the sound of popping champagne corks on the plane to the backstage chaos to the singer's special worldwide appearances’.
Holy Umba-rellas Batgirl! Here’s what we’re most excited about seeing on the movie:
1. A montage of Rihanna greeting all the different fans in the seven cities on stage (apparently she had exactly the same inter-song banter at every gig)
2. Rihanna in the cockpit getting on the PA and hyping everyone up - on day 1 when everyone was still excited to be in her vicinity.
3. Sleep deprived journalists hallucinating and arguing over which one of them has stayed awake the longest.
4. Footage of people making a ‘Missing’ poster with Rihanna’s face on it in protest of her being nowhere to be seen.
5. Rihanna at the baggage carousel posing for pictures.
6. Multiple film crews filming each other in the absence of any VIPs to cast their lenses on.
7. The now infamous Rihanna riot featuring the Australian journalist on the plane stripping naked and streaking down the aisle.
We're only looking forward to the Great Gatsby release a tiny bit more than this!