Who wants to spend their Monday morning brushing up their SJP style IQ? Well the good news is we have the perfect excuse as today is Sarah Jessica's 48th birthday, and what better way to celebrate her big day than by revisiting her greatest style hits of nearly 30 years on the red carpet. SJP was pushing style boundaries long before her 'It Made Me Wonder' days as Carrie Bradshaw, in white jumpsuits, trophy jackets and underwear as outerwear. Now she sticks to Alexander McQueen, Oscar de la Renta and Chanel and, of course, those Philip Treacy hats.
This year, as ever, was a first class fashion year for Sarah Jessica. We've counted down her top 10 style moments...
1. This year SJP ditched the Monolos and went for the socks and sandals combo. Swedish Hasbeens + spotty socks = chic? Only Ms Parker could make this a winning formula.
2. Sarah Jessica paid tribute to Minnie Mouse in a pair of ears, by L'Wren Scott no less, at a Barneys Christmas event.
3. SJP is still making her own style rules as she ditched a traditional floor sweeper to wear a black Elie Saab jumpsuit on the red carpet at the 2013 BAFTAS.
5. She admitted she wears just 7 per cent of what is in her closet - we can take the 93 per cent off your hands Parks. We'd like to think of it as the palatial wardrobe Big designs for Carrie in the first SATC film, with rails of Alexander McQueen and Philip Treacy hats hanging from the ceiling.
6. She told Net-a-Porter that running around NY in heels ruined her feet as she said: 'For ten or so years, I literally ran in heels. I worked 18-hour days and never took them off. I wore beautiful shoes, some better made than others, and never complained. But then I did I Don’t Know How She Does It, and I was very thoughtful about my whole wardrobe and said, you know, [Kate Reddy] could not afford really good footwear. So I got [lower priced] shoes and the bottoms weren’t leather, they were plastic, so I slipped a couple times, twisted my ankle. I went to a foot doctor and he said, 'Your foot does things it shouldn't be able to do. That bone there... You've created that bone. It doesn't belong there.'
7. The former Ms Bradshaw also confessed to Net that she thinks the Carrie Diaries is '... odd.'
8. She teamed up with Anna Wintour, Georgia May Jagger, Alexa Chung and the rest of the fash pack to pose for Karl Lagerfeld's The Little Black Jacket exhibition. She said of the iconic jacket: 'I now own one... among other things in my life I consider it a prized possession. I feel very lucky.'
9. She went for the London Look at the BAFTAs and ditched her signature bouncy curls for sleek straight hair tucked behind the ears. Her hair stylist Charles Worthington said to Grazia Daily: 'I wanted her to look different from how she normally looks. I managed to use my persuasive powers to say 'let’s see how it looks really smooth and sleek and we can always add a bit of wave if you want to afterwards.'
10. For the AmFAR Benefit SJP went Anna Dello Russo meets Carrie Bradshaw with a touch of Cruella, in a hot pink Maison Martin Margiela strapless gown with a monochrome patterned skinny sash, with a long white fur thrown over the top.
SJP starred in her first film in 1984, so that's nearly 30 years of red carpet magic. See her style evolution below...