[Both J.Lo and Mariah are releasing new albums]
Cast your mind back to a time when the mantra 'you have as many hours in your day as Beyonce' was but a dream. I know it's hard, but try.
Before music was dominated by the likes of Queen B, Ri-Ri and Katy P and before Britney and Christina were battling to top the charts, we had Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez to provide the soundtrack to our lives. 'Jenny From The Block' reminded us to stay grounded and of course, what would Christmas be without Mariah's 'All I Want For Christmas'?
Both of the singers have had comebacks over the years but this month the stars have aligned and both Mariah and J Lo are making returning to the music industry AT THE SAME TIME. Mariah revealed 'Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse' last week and Jen's just unveiled the cover work for 'A.K.A'.
We're taking the imminent return of ultimate goddesses of the 90s and early 00s to mean one thing: forget everything you knew about cutesy Clueless style and Kurt Cobain grunge, it's now cool to dress like a pop diva.
Mariah and J Lo taught us all we needed to know about being fierce - from our attitude to to our wardrobe.
Here's how to channel their diva power in your everyday life....
1. Remember the three 'S's: shiny, satin, sparkle. (Yes, that is Donatella Versace.)
[All pictures - Getty]
2. Dress codes are for losers. This Grammy showstopper broke all the rules
3. There's no point carrying a designer bag unless it's obvs a designer bag. Durr!
4. When doing your hair remember: 'more is always more'
5. But that rule definitely does not apply to your wardrobe
6. Why wear a dress when you can wear a matching top and mini skirt?
7. Dress like a princess and you'll be treated like a princess.
8. And dressing like a princess = DIAMANTE
9. A skirt is never too short to have a split-leg
10. And finally, any outfit looks amaze when you've got diva attitude