With all the excitement surrounding Lady Gaga's comeback we'd almost forgotten that a music video would be part of her promotion plan. The singer has given us plenty to talk about over the last few weeks, from her dramatic new look - the work of new stylist Brandon Maxwell - to a rather nasty Twitter spat with her former BFF, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, but meanwhile she looks set to lose out in a chart battle with rival Katy Perry.
Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, hasn't released a video since Marry The Night in 2011 and was forced to cancel her Born This Way Ball tour back in February this year and take six months off following hip surgery. Clearly all that time away from the spotlight and out of costume has fuelled the star's desire to wear as many different outifts as possible in the 3.35 minutes of footage, which accompanies her new single Applause.
The video was shot by her friends and photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin and in it the singer wears her usual smattering of lingerie, and channels characters and mythical creatures from the The Mad Hatter (in Maison Martin Margiela) and The Little Mermaid to a black swan and a unicorn, proving that despite her recent au naturel image she's still got plenty of crazy-ass costumes up her sleeve. Phew!
Check out 14 of our favourite Applause looks below...
1. Gaga in her knickers - nothing new to see here
2. Gaga in a pot - cooking up some new looks
3. Gaga as the Mad Hatter - eat your heart out Johnny Depp
4. Gaga with a unicorn tail - the Mad Hatter has morphed
5. Gaga as a caged canary - or is it Marilyn Monroe?
6. Gaga's got her wings - and she's ready to fly
7. On second thoughts she'd rather have a parachute
8. Gaga does Bohemian Rhapsody
9. Gaga as The Little Mermaid
10. Forget seashells - it's totes all about hand bras this season
11. Gaga stars in Black Swan 2
12. Gaga as a Grecian goddess - walking a runway, natch
13. Gaga gone wild
14. This year's hottest new eyewear
For more of Lady Gaga's fashion moments, check out her style evolution below...