It's rather hard to imagine the meat-wearing Mother Monster being born in a normal hospital, not hatched from a giant egg live onstage. But it's true - Lady Gaga was born on March 28, 1986 at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, making today her 27th birthday. Here's to you, Gagaloo!
It's been a fabulously bizarre year for Gaga (as per). We've seen her shave her head, pose naked with mini-soldiers crawling across her body, start a body revolution and buy 55 of Michael Jackson's original stage costumes. She also toured the world in a range of bonkers headgear for her Born This Way Ball extravanganza, defended Hedi Slimane and went for tea with Julian Assange. Oh, and she wore a helmet made of flowers at the Philip Treacy show, natch.
So let's celebrate her day of birth with a slice of Gaga by looking back at 10 of her style highlights from the past 12 months...
1) Lady Gaga joined the Hedi Slimane vs Kathy Horan Twitter debate back in October, declaring Hedi a 'true punk visionary.' That earns her at least a '70s YSL hat (see number 3).
2) Gagaloo bought FIFTY FIVE Michael Jackon costumes at Julien’s Auctions Beverly Hills and promised that she will make sure to keep the costumes and memorabilia 'archived and expertly cared for in the spirit and love of Michael Jackson, his bravery and fans worldwide.'
3) She was the first to wear Hedi Slimane's Spring Summer 2013 Saint Laurent Collection, wearing a witchy all black outfit and wide-brimmed black hat to go for tea with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London where he was staying to avoid being extradited to Sweden. Her company is as unpredictable as her couture.
5) Gaga started a body revolution by posing in her underwear on her Little Monsters blog. She posted her first picture with the caption 'Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15. But today I join the BODY REVOLUTION. To inspire Bravery and BREED some m$therf*cking COMPASSION.'
6) Actress Jane Birkin had a Hermes handbag named in her honour, Alexa Chung is the inspiration behind Mulberry's ever popular 'Alexa' satchel and last year Gaga had a Mugler clutch created in the shape of her, err, derriere.
7) The songstress opened the Philip Treacy Spring 2013 show shrouded in neon pink chiffon. She then whacked on a floral helmet to sit on the FROW.
8) Gaga shaved the back of her head as a tribute to the late mother of her good friend, photographer Terry Richardson.
9) Mother Monster confirmed the name of her new album Artpop, by showing off her new tattoo of the album name on her arm.
10) She launched her first fragrance, Fame. The campaign, shot by Steven Klein, featured a nude Gaga wearing a black mask with many many little miniature men climbing up her body.
Want another slice of Gaga birthday deliciousness? Take a look through the gallery above to see her greatest style hits...