Michelle Obama turned 49 yesterday and to celebrate she showcased a brand new 'do and sent the first tweet from her new @FLOTUS account. The Twitter handle is run by the First Lady's office with tweets published by Mobama herself signed off with "-mo." Already the birthday girl herself has delivered a personal response to the messages she received from new followers on her special day by tweeting: "Thanks for the warm welcome & birthday wishes! Join me & Barack for #MLKDay of Service this Saturday."
2012 was a big year for Michelle who stood by her hubby's side throughout his presidential re-election campaign. Take a look back at her finest moments:
1. Michelle unveiled her new bangs on her 49th birthday.
2. She came in at number 10 on our best dressed 2012 list.
3. US Vogue Editor Anna Wintour praised her for changing 'the way American women see fashion'.
4. She was outed as a Downton Abbey fan!
5. Her daughters Sasha & Malia Obama followed in her style footsteps.
6. She attended the first presidential debate at the University of Denver wearing a purpley-blue dress and jacket from Preen’s Autumn Winter 2011 collection.
7. She delivered a sensational speech for Barack's campaign.
8. She hung out at Gwen Stefani's house!
9. She joined Pinterest.
10. She had a style-off with Samantha Cameron at a White House dinner.