When social media entrepreneur and tech millionaire, Sean Parker married singer-songwriter Alexandra Lenas in what Vanity Fair described as a ‘lavish’ ceremony in Big Sur earlier this summer – they didn’t use the word lightly.
Taking place in a stage-managed ‘enchanted forest’ inspired by a combination of Lord of the Rings and Game Of Thrones, some of the highlights included...
Sean Parker's Hobbit-themed wedding photographed by Christian Oth and Mark Seliger for Vanity Fair
1. Enchanted stone bridges and pathways in the forest
2. Fur-pelt-strewn beds in the lounge area
3. Leather-bound keepsake volume for guests to take away
4. A pen of live bunnies for guests to cuddle
5. Individual maiden and Hobbit-esque garms made for for all 364 guests by Lord of the Rings costume designer Ngila Dickson
6. An a capella serenade to the bride and groom by Sting, in person
7. A six tier, nine-foot-tall wedding cake
8. Estimated $10 million dollar price tag
So what do you make of it all?
All photographs by Christian Oth and Mark Seliger for Vanity Fair