Last weekend the stars lined up to show off their festival style for the first session of Coachella 2013. Katy Perry, Solange Knowles and Kristen Stewart, as well as the British contingent, including Alexa Chung, Pixie Geldof and Agyness Deyn, headed to California for the most fashionable event in the music calendar. Henry Holland hosted a pool party for his eyewear collection, Rita Ora played dress up with Nick Grimshaw and Kate Bosworth showcased Topshop's festival collection and left us desperate to break out the boho-ware. For the second and final weekend of Coachella the VIP guests were fewer and further between, but just as proficient at pulling off festival glam.
Jessica Alba was joined at the poolside by her husband Cash Warren, while Paris Hilton returned for a second weekend of sun and smooching with boyfriend River Viiperi, only this time with brother Baron Hilton in tow (dontcha just hate it when a younger sibling tags along?). Her fashion friends Alexa Chung and Leigh Lezark may have missed out the second weekend, but Poppy Delevingne looked like she was in the festival spirit wearing Rag & Bone shorts, Blackscore t-shirt and Meli Melo bag. Other stars making return visits were ‘Spring Breakers’ actress Vanessa Hudgens and model Alessandra Ambrosio - because one weekend of festival fun is never enough.
After following all the action through our Instagram feed we've worked out the formula for creating the perfect festival pic. Here goes:
1. Find a strong pair of shoulders and climb aboard (see Alessandra Ambrosio and Paris Hilton)
2. Choose wacky headgear that you would never wear outside the festival enclosure (see Poppy Delevingne)
3. Keep your look fresh and natural (see Jessica Alba)
4. Ditch the boys and bond with your girlfriends (see Vanessa Hudgens)
5. Or if you are attached, make sure your fella is by your side in every photo (see Paris Hilton)
Look through the gallery above for all the action from Coachella Round 2 >