Elle Fanning might not be old enough to drive or have a glass of champers, but that doesn't mean she is a fashion rookie. This 15 year old is a fashion child genius, as she inspired Rodarte when she was just 12, was the face of Marc Jacobs A/W 2011 shot by Juergen Teller and was a guest of honour at Topshop Unique front row. Well she has been in the business for over 10 years as she started acting at age 2 and 8 months.
Elle shook Anna Wintour's hand and Alexa once asked to have a picture taken with HER. When we were 15 we were experimenting with blue mascara and were just about allowed to wear heels, but Elle pushes fashion boundaries with Prada flatforms and statement Miu Miu. Forget about school dances, Ms Fanning is a red carpet regular and attended the Met Ball in Valentino.
As we can't toast your birthday with actual bubbles just yet Elle, let's celebrate turning the big 1-5 by toasting your finest fashion moments of the past 12 months.
1) Elle was the first starlet to wear the fashion forward judo flat-forms from Prada’s spring/summer ‘13 collection to the Breaking Dawn premiere. They are ugly, ugly shoes, yes, but that's Miuccia's point. Chic or eek? We still haven't made our minds up...
2) She revealed that she has a HUGE crush on Ryan Gosling (who doesn't?). The then 14-year-old was oh so giddy when talking to W Mag about her cinematic crush, squealing 'He stares into your soul. And he’s really TALL…'
3) Elle FROW-ed at Topshop Unique at London Fashion Week where she made a school uniform look chic in a pinafore, powder blue shirt and bow in her flicky ponytail. At the show she told Grazia Daily she loves Alexa Chung's school girl style as she said: 'She always looks so cute. I like how she mixes the tomboy style with the girlie girl rather than just sticking to one look.'
4) She went matchy matchy with older sis Dakota in Seoul, South Korea in fuzzy kitten-eared hats. Adorbs.
5) She was a best dressed at the Critics Choice Awards 2012 in a fresh green and yellow Van Gogh inspired floaty gown. Who doesn't love sunflowers on a Los Angeles red carpet?
6) At a Chanel Fine Jewellery party Elle put on a Chanel frock to party with Karl, Alexa, Diane Kruger and Blake Lively. Not the usual 14-year-old crowd, eh? She wore a collared black velvet gown with a cute hat and side plait.
7) At the Toronto Film Festival this year Keira Knightley wore an Elie Saab show-stopping gown and Emma Watson wore a pretty Erdem cocktail frock, but Elle broke the style rules by not wearing a dress. Instead she wore a snazzy purple Miu Miu trouser suit.
8) Dakota named Elle the cool sister as she said: ‘She’s very uninhibited and will try pretty much anything. Even the way she dresses— she dresses totally for herself,’ Dakota said. ‘She risks being made fun of… by me, which I sometimes do, because I’m an older sister! But I totally admire her and think she’s very cool.’
9) Elle Fanning wore a strapless floral Chanel Spring 2013 frock avec some super chunky platforms to the Critics' Choice Awards 2013. The teenager is still dabbling with coloured makeup as she braved bright pink eye shadow on the red carpet
10) She told the Daily Beast that she wants to go to college thanks to Dakota. 'My sister has inspired me to go to college. I don’t know where I want to go, but now that I’m a high-school freshman you hear about the juniors and seniors talking about where they’ve gotten in and wearing their school sweatshirts. I want to have a school sweatshirt that I wear!'
Toast Elle Fanning's birthday with a fashionable cocktail of her style hits in the gallery below...