Rather aptly falling on Father’s Day this season, tomorrow is the much anticipated kick-off for Menswear Fashion Week here in the UK, also known as London Collections: Men. With collections from some of the most celebrated menswear designers on show, it's due to be a jam-packed three days for fashion editors and FROWers alike. So what are we looking forward to most? Well that’s easy…
Burberry Menswear Spring Summer 2013
1. Burberry Prorsum menswear is returning to London (on Tuesday at 2pm) after more than ten years of showing in Milan. The show will also be live-streamed online as well as in the brand’s global flagship stores…that means 121 Regent Street for the United Kingdom, as well as in Milan, Paris and Hong Kong. If the womenswear show last February is anything to go by, get ready for a truly epic front row.
2. Some more corkers from David Cameron - or any other politicians really. Last year at a reception at No.10 the former Prime Minister shared his fashion horrors, which included wearing black shoes on holidays with no socks, as well as a white tie disaster revealing his bare chest at a Guildhall banquet. Oh, how we chuckled.
Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone
3. New York cool cats Rag & Bone will be showing this season. Such happy news! The managing partners, Marcus and David, who are originally from England have decided to show menswear in London this season for the first ever, feeling it was both important as the label has such a London aesthetic, but also because it would be so great to show in their hometown. Another show we abokutely can’t wait to get to on Monday.
4. The FROWS, obvs. Last season we enjoyed spotting David Gandy, Dominic Cooper, Henry Holland, Tinie Tempah, Ronnie Wood and Benedict Cumberbatch FROWing at the shows. This season we’re hoping for Miguel, Superman and maybe some Wimbledon guys. That’d be nice.
5. And let's not forget the male models. They'll be roaming freely around London for three days. Enough said.