Erin Wasson modelling ASH's new festival footwear range - the cowboy boots are her favourite!
She’s the irreverent model who Alexander Wang counts as a muse, exploded onto the fashion scene with a shaved head (yes, waaay before undercuts like RiRi's), has a skating ramp in her back garden and has turned her styling skills to a totally awesome jewellery line: Texas-born Erin Wasson is one of the most intriguing figures in the fashion industry. And ASH footwear (as in the makers of those repeatedly sold out Bowie wedge sneakers) has snapped up the cheekbones and effortless cool of this ex-Victoria’s Secret girl for their new, dedicated festival collection. From perfectly scuffed-up hi-tops to studded bikers, a cowboy style and the little wedges that you could actually kick-about all day in a field in, consider your festival needs sorted with the edit of these four key pairs.
Erin sits in an elite crowd of unwaveringly brilliant festival dressers – think Kate Bosworth, Sienna Miller and Kate Moss – so if anyone can guide us in the right direction for the music season ahead, it’s her. In fact, many of Wasson’s day-to-day dishevelled denim looks have Coachella-style written all over them. We caught up with model/stylist/actress to get her top five tips for surviving the music and fashion fest ahead...
Left: Erin modelling ASH festival hi-tops. Right: Her own rocker-girl style is very festi-friendly
1. “Ash cowboy boots. Trust me, these boots are super comfortable, they're really well made.”
2. “Lightweight layered tank tops and shirts – great for variable weather; I always like to be prepared!”
Erin exudes cool off-duty or at a swanky do. Jeals? Us?
3. “A worn in, cross bodied leather bag that fits everything in but can be worn comfortably throughout the weekend.”
4. “ Water – lots and lots of it. Hydration is key for those long hours outside.”
5. “A great pair of classic wayfarers. I like Prada wayfarers.”