Candice Swanepoel Fantasy Bra [Twitter and Victoria's Secret]
Fashion month might be done and dusted, but we have some serious sparkle on the horizon, as the Victoria's Secret show will take place on Tuesday 10 December. We know that Lindsay Ellingson, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Candice Swanepoel, Behati Prinsloo, Karlie Kloss and Doutzen Kroes are all signed up to get winged.
Now our friends over at Victoria's Secret have revealed the girl who will replace Miranda Kerr and Alessandra Ambrosio as top angel. They have announced that.... drumroll please... Candice Swanepoel will wear this year's multimillion dollar Victoria's Secret 'Fantasy Bra.' Miranda and Alessandra's bras were worth an eye-watering $2.5 million, but Swanepoel's sparkler is worth $10 million. Nope, that's not a typo, she will wear over 6 million pounds of jewels on her chest. Gulp.
Candice's Royal Fantasy bra is covered with 4,200 gems including rubies, diamonds and yellow saphires. It also features a 52-carat, pear-shaped ruby in the centre. ‘They had to make a mold of my body to be able to make [the bra], I was really excited,’ Swanepoel told People magazine. ‘I tried to imagine after they’d done the mold, how would they make it, how it would look. My imagination didn’t do it justice. My favourite part is this beautiful 52-carat pear-shaped ruby. Every part of it is exquisite.'
What is the most expensive VS bra ever? Who wore the first fantasy bra? Check out our Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra factfile below...
Adriana Lima in $2 million bra, Tyra Banks in $10 million bra, Gisele Bunchden in $15 milion bra and Miranda Kerr in $2.5 million bra [Rex]
1. The first fantasy bra... was worn in 1996 on Claudia Schiffer. Heidi Klum was the first to wear a fantasy bra in a show in 2001, which was worth $12.5 million.
2. The most expensive bra... is Gisele Bundchen's ruby and diamond bra and panties are worth $15 million.
3. The total number of fantasy bras is... 18
4. How long does it take to make a fantasy bra? The quick answer is a LONG time. It took 275 hours to make Tyra Banks' $10 million bra and 1500 hours to make Adriana Lima's sparkler.
5. How many diamonds can you fit on one bra? Marisa Miller squeezed in 2,300 diamonds, Adriana Lima had 3,000 cut white diamonds, Adriama Lima wore 3,575 black diamonds, Karolina Kurkova had 2,000 diamonds and Gisele wore 2900 pave set diamonds.
6. Size matters... Heidi Klum wore the second largest diamond in the world, a 70-carat rock, in 2003.
7. What happens to the bras after the show? Usually there are broken up and the glitz is returned to the jewellers. Occassionally the bras go on tour, as Alessandra Ambrosio's $2.5 million bra was showcased in the London flagshop at New Bond Street.
8. The fantasy bra work out... Alessandra Ambrosio was at home with her 3-week old son when she got the call that she was wearing the fantasy bra and she said 'I just wanted to scream.' Alessandra told People Magazine 'But I won’t lie, I was really worried. I was in total mother mode.' Her exercise regime to cope with the weight included yoga, walking, pilates and spinnning.