We're delighted to report that Belgrade-born Roksanda Ilincic has just bagged the Red Carpet Award at this evening's British Fashion Awards 2012. Fittingly the designer, who has been part of the London Fashion Week schedule since 2005, was presented her gong by a woman who is herself no stranger to the red carpet, actress Andrea Riseborough. Ilincic has had a triumphant year of dressing stars for high profile events and has a loyal VIP following among celebrities, first ladies and royalty alike.
The Central Saint Martin’s graduate has had her dresses worn by actresses Emma Stone, Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain, high profile women including Samantha Cameron and Princess Beatrice, and - the icing on the cake for any Brit-based designer, the Duchess of Cambridge, who stepped out in the Roksanda Ilincic Peridot dress twice.
Roksanda has had a brilliant fashion year - here are our highlights...
1. She stole the shoe-show with her Aldo Rise collection
2. She dressed Kate Middleton for a reception at the Royal Academy of Arts
3. She dressed Samantha Cameron at The White House
4. She dressed Samantha Cameron for an appointment with Michelle Obama
5. She dressed Samantha Cameron for an intimate reception to celebrate London Fashion Week at 10 Downing Street
6. She announced the launch of a childrenswear collection
7. She dressed Ginnifer Goodwin for the People’s Choice Awards 2012
8. She dressed Rooney Mara at the Stockholm premiere of 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'