Tonight Scottish designer Jonathan Saunders picked up the Emerging Talent Award For Menswear at the British Fashion Awards 2012. He was presented the gong by Rolling Stones rocker Ronnie Wood (in a green suit) at the fashwan ceremony held at London's Savoy Hotel. Beating off competition from Agi & Sam and Lou Dalton he said: "It's an honour to be up against the other designers. Thanks to my team and to Evie my best mate who gets me through it all".
While the award is one of the most prestigious, it certainly isn’t the first won by the Scottish fashion designer; Saunders also took home the Fashion Enterprise Award from the British Fashion Council in 2002.
The designer has been in the limelight since graduating from Central Saint Martins in 2002. Renowned for his playful use of silk screen-printing and colour, his work has become extremely popular among stars, from Emma Stone to Poppy Delevigne.
2012 also saw Saunders win the BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund award! Let's take a look back at the most successful year of his career to date...
1. He was the talk of London Fashion Week with his holographic fabrications and futuristic vibes
2. He saw one of his dresses worn by the Duchess of Cambridge in the Solomon Islands
3. He dressed Emeli Sandé for the Olympics Opening Ceremony
4. He designed visuals for London Fashion Week
5. He launched his Twitter account and the Grazia Girls showed their support
6. He presented a smash hit collection for Autumn/ Winter 2012