Tonight the New Establishment Award at the British Fashion Awards went to Erdem. The Canadian-born designer beat Jonathan Saunders and Medham Kirchhoff to the gong which was presented to him by none other than Samantha Cameron (wearing one of his designs) at the Savoy Hotel in Central London.
Erdem’s creations have been showcased by some of the world's most famous women. Not only are actresses Kate Bosworth, Diane Kruger and Keira Knightley all fans, but in the summer of 2011, the designer saw himself dragged into the royal arena when Kate Middleton wore a series of Erdem dresses during her tour of Canada.
The designer delivered a heartfelt acceptance speech dedicated to his parents. He said: “I wasn't really ready for this so thank you. I have to thank the British Fashion Council. It's a wonderful privilege to be part of London Fashion Week. I work with the most amazing team who work so hard. Phillip, who I love for putting up with me for ten years. I accept this award in remembrance of my parents. They always gave me this great sense that the impossible was possible.”
Let's take a look at some of Erdem's 2012 fashion highlights:
2. He dressed Kate Middleton for a reception in Singapore
3. He dressed Victoria's Secret model Miranda Kerr
4. He dressed Kate Middleton for Trooping The Colour 2012
5. He was one of the hottest tickets in the London Fashion Week schedule
6. He dressed Michelle Williams for the Late Show with David Letterman