Yep, Alexa Chung has scored a hat trick! The achingly cool Brit has just bagged the Style Icon gong at the British Fashion Awards for the THIRD year running. Mr Valentino presented the award to our Chungers who looked understandably delighted. It was back in 2010 when Alexa first picked up the accolade and she scooped the much-coveted prize again in 2011. 'It’s just nice that I’m still relevant!' she told us at the time - and tonight proves that one year on, she certainly still is.
The British Style Award (sponsored by Vodafone) is the only award of the night that's decided for by the Great British Public. You voted in your trillions for the individual who 'most embodies the spirit of London and is an international ambassador for London as a leading creative fashion capital.’ Alexa had stiff competition from stylish types including Victoria Beckham, Tilda Swinton and Carey Mulligan as well as the great Kates - Middleton and Moss - but it was Alexa who came out triumphant. And is it any wonder?
Alexa has had a stonking 2012 on the fashion front. Here are the top 10 highlights of a year in La Chung...
1. she made a faaaabulous cameo on Gossip Girl
2. she started work on a style book
3. ...and 'looked into' starting her own fashion line
5. she was named BFC's Young Style Ambassador
7. she was the creative director AND face of Superga's campaign
8. she wore and rewore her J.W. Anderson For Topshop bat jumper
9. she racked up a zillion FROW appearances
10. she survived Hurricane Sandy in a Barbour coat
Phewf. What could POSSIBLY top all that?!