Remember Cara’s domination of the runway last season? Well, this year it’s fellow Brit model Edie Campbell’s turn to take fashion weeks by storm. The 23-year-old was a presence in New York last week, opening Victoria Beckham’s show (when she told us how she wants to be ‘bessie mates’ with the designer) as well as walking for top US designers from Marc Jacobs to Alexander Wang. But she’s been a fave with us Brits for SOME TIME since modelling for Burberry and the likes of Katie Grand and Giles Deacon are known the rave about her beauty, as well as her intelligence. So if you aren’t familiar with this fabulous fringe and doe eyes, you need to get to know! Here’s our top ten factsheet to help you get acquainted...
1. She’s been appearing in Burberry’s campaigns for AGES - as well as opening and closing their show for Autumn Winter 2013, proving to be a firm favourite with the fashion nation.
2. Edie LOVES horses - she's been riding since she was 5, and trots dressage with her 'bitchy and sometimes adorable' mare, Dolly. She also won the Celebrity Ladies Race at Glorious Goodwood on a ‘proper racehorse’ though.
3. She rocks a fringe – apparently she likes it because it covers her forehead! WE like it because it sets off her '60s look…
4. She was dating Razorlight’s lead singer Johnny Borrell – but is so over that now.
Edie Campbell walks the Burberry runway, February 2013 [Getty]
5. She’s now dating Otis Ferry - yes, Bryan Ferry's eldest son. Apparently they share a love of horse-riding. Sweet!
6. She's got a '60s Twiggy-esque look – as discussed, we love her fringe: blunt, heavy and '60s – it’s perfect for peeking those huge eyes out from beneath. Makeup artists can’t get enough of the 60s look on her too – white shadow, thick spidery lashes… twiggy but fresher.
7. She and Cara make an excellent team – they’ve performed a model-off duet many times (also including buddy Jourdan Dunn) but none more pally than when kissing each other's bejewelled feet in Liz Collins' shoot for LOVE magazine issue 10.
8. She was targeted by twitter trolls after a photo shoot with One Direction - but she was characteristically unfettered by the onslaught, stating 'as long as they don’t appear at my door with fire-lit torches, I reckon I can handle it'
9. She’s smart – graduating from the school of educated models alongside the likes of Lily Cole, Edie proudly holds a first-class degree in History of Art from the Courtauld Institute. She managed to fit in serious studies alongside shooting major magazine covers and campaigns with Mario Testino.
10. She’s not a riotous party girl – you won’t see Edie getting wasted or dolled up down at Mahikis. No - she’s very much a homebody, hanging out at home with her family and Dolly the horse. She’s not drawn into the selfies/social media/access-all-areaslife like many models with – ‘At London Fashion Week, I wore a lot of trackies – practicality is important’.
So what is #Grazia360?
In celebration of fashion weeks around the world, we're bringing you an all-angles look at how the shows come together. Throughout September, we'll be showcasing exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes videos from the world’s greatest designers - we've talking everyone from Victoria Beckham to Karl Lagerfeld. And we need your help! Vote for what we should wear on the FROW and play our Matchy-Matchy game for your chance to win the fashion editor's kit. Stay tuned to this very site for the latest updates as well as #Grazia360 on Twitter and Instagram. Do join us! And let us know what YOU want to see...