Launched in 1950, David’s Bridal is undeniable the largest bridal retailer in the U.S.A. And wonderful news (especially if you happen to be in the market for a wedding dress) has just reached us that the American giant will be joining us here in the UK as they expand their business internationally in October this year.
The store will be opening in Westfield shopping centre in Stratford, East London come autumn. Considering the brand is relatively unknown here in the UK, we thought we’d put together a cheat sheet of five things you need to know about them. You’re welcome…
Five Things You Need To Know About David’s Bridal
1. An incredible statistic landed on our desks this morning that one in three American brides buy their wedding dresses there.
Zac Posen left, and working on his Truly Zac Posen line launching next spring, right
2. Zac Posen is the latest dress designer to be stocked in DB stores, as the retailer joined forces with ZP just two weeks ago. Truly Zac Posen, the bridalwear collaboration will be available in stores from February 2014. Vera Wang's White by Vera Wang line is already available there.
White by Vera Wang at David's Bridal
3. They take this wedding business very seriously. In their guide to buying your wedding party gifts, they advise: “Don’t forget to include all the male members of the wedding party: the bride’s father, groom’s father, best man, groomsmen, ring bearer, and any other males who will be representing the family at the altar. Bonus points if you also do something thoughtful for any brothers or close relatives who are not party of the ceremony.” Sheesh that is a lot of presents to buy. Think we could do a smaller edit than that one ourselves!
4. They give cute nuggets of wisdom on the David’s Bridal blog that tickle us no end. First up, the history of the wedding cake…”This delicious tradition may have evolved from Ancient Roman times when a piece of bread was broken over a bride’s head for good luck. Today, wedding cakes come in every shape, size and design, and you can even go with an alternative dessert like cupcakes or macaroons!”
Wedding favours from David's Bridal
5. Wedding favours seem to be a David’s Bridal speciality. We spotted a whopping 241 varieties of wedding guest gifting on their website this morning. Our favourites? Love bubbles (that’s just bubbles in a chic glass container), personalized Hershey’s chocolates and monogrammed matchboxes.