New Year's Resolutions shouldn't be all about yoga classes and drinking lots of green gloop. Here at Grazia Daily we believe in fashion resolutions too - whether that is to vow to take more style risks or to finally invest rather than splurge. Well who better to turn to for style tips than the master of cool, Alexa Chung?
For our Resort Big Fashion Issue back in November, our cover star Alexa Chung starred in a beautiful New York fashion shoot, did fashion jury on her own style and answered your questions. But we have even more words of Chung wisdom for you, as the style queen shared with us her 7 tips for this season. Some serious and some, well, not so serious. Read below to find out the pieces Alexa can't get out of her mind...
1. 'A little cream polka-dot scarf, although I don't know where that exists. Almost like a cravat, but not. Sounds terrible, but it's going to be OK.'
2. 'Cropped jumpers with high-waisted jeans. Because in winter, it's hard to look vaguely nice, but you could do this. Or a lovely high skirt with a cropped jumper.'
3. 'I just designed a really good bra in my head. Black see-through triangles, with a nose over your nipples, and two cat faces. Lol.'
4. 'I like what Rihanna is doing with those statement necklaces with a T-shirt and jeans. That looks good, doesn't it? One of those.'
5. 'I keep thinking about tights that Dita Von Teese might wear: black with the semi-seam up the back. Is that going to be a thing? I keep thinking about them. I'm not going to wear them, they just keep popping into my mind.'
6. 'Nail colour is important. Navy blue. I think that would be dead nice for man hands.'
7. 'Capes: are very important. They can be a nightmare weather wise. But capes.'