As predicted by GraziaDaily.co.uk back in September of this year, talks between Versus Versace and Anthony Vaccarello have led to a confirmed collaboration between the two...
Donatella and Anthony pair up for Versus Versace [Versace]
Picking up the reigns from previous power pairings between the Italian fashion behemoth and musician M.I.A, anorak-purveryors K-Way and the inimitable hot-ticket J.W. Anderson, Donatella has chosen the Belgian designer because his clothes ‘have everything that I love: they are sensual, dynamic, daring.’
Anthony is famed for his unflinching attitude towards creating sexy clothes and his ability to thigh slit like no other – so what can we expect from the ANDAM award winner when the accessories and ready-to-wear range drops next year? Exact details as to the launch are still TBC, but a few things we can predict already…
1. There will be minimal fabric and maximum flesh-flashing… If J.W. Anderson – a master of ugly-chic and concealing rather than revealing – can delve into the Versace archives and create bondage-tight jersey dresses, slashed and adorned with signature gold hardware, then Anthony Vaccarello could well be creating out something majorly sexual of napkin sized cloth.
Antony Vacarello's Spring/Summer 2014 collection [Catwalking]
2. Anja Rubik could model in the show/campaign… This leggy super has long been a supporter of the designer – not only choosing his slinky wares for her past two Met Gala moments (remember that hip-bone?), but also opening and closing his last Paris Fashion Week show. Her groupie-girl style and impressive physique makes her the ultimate AV lady. PLUS, Anja has walked for Versace in the past...
Anja Rubik in Anthony Vaccarello at the Met Ball in New York [Rex]
3. It’ll be a front row smash… Should this collection come out in time for February’s Fashion Week marathon, it’s safe bet that Anthony’s existing fan base – like Anna Dello Russo, Carine Roitfeld, Lou Doillon and Charlotte Gainsbourg – will suit up in his latest creations.
Anthony Vaccarello-loving Anna Dello Russo during Paris Fashion Week [Rex]
4. Underwear will be made redundant… Many of Anthony’s most fabulous pieces would be spoiled by underwear – see-through chain mail and slashing around the body means those Bridget Jones pants will have to be locked away for a while.
5. A party in Paris could be very starry… From Miley Cyrus to Kelly Rowland, Kylie to Celine Dion (yes, Celine Dion) this man has a very high profile following. Considering the previous shindigs Versace have laid on, could we see a Vacarello super-group forming and performing?