In this week’s issue of Grazia you can read up on the model of the moment – and we’re not talking about Cara Delevingne. Meet Gem Refoufi. Hers is probably not a name you’ve heard of quite yet – unless the ultra-astute among you took to investigating Tom Ford’s latest campaign… Because Gem – a very cool 21-year-old total babe from Bradford, England - is Tom’s first ever exclusive girl across fashion, beauty and fragrance. First ever! And that happened only two weeks after she was spotted by agency IMG, when her now-agent Ian put her height (she’s 5’7’’) to one side and noticed her potential. She’s basically busted every standard model requirement – age, height and personal style – to be the most sought after girl in fashion town.
You can check out Gem’s full interview in the print mag, or our iPad app, but here’s Grazia’s exclusive shoot in the gallery above along with five things you need to know about Miss Refoufi…
Refoufi takes the centre spot in Tom Ford's A/W'13 campaign: photographed by Tom Ford, styled by Carine Roitfeld
1. Kate Moss better watch out: While the editrix styled Mr Ford’s A/W’13 campaign Carine Roitfeld told Gem that she could be the new Kate Moss.
2. 1980s bling is in: Gem’s style is a powerful Balmain-meets-boyish aesthetic full of gold chains and lashings of leather.
3. Tom’s a super fan: Ever-chic Ford said he’d hire Gem as a stylist if he didn’t get her in as a model. Maybe that could be her next move?
4. Hollywood beckons: Styling is a viable route, but Gem’s more interested in conquering the world of acting in the near future. And not just a cameo or two – but serious thesp-y stuff.
5. Bring on Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Gem’s wardrobe may be from the ‘80s but her current TV taste is definitely another decade. ‘90s Buffy The Vampire Slayer is currently on repeat…
Oh - and don't forget to follow Refoufi on @missnipplehead on Instagram and @gemrefoufi on Twitter.
Photographs by Phill Taylor
Styling by Hannah Almassi
Hair and makeup by Stephanie G-M using Nars and Bumble & Bumble