While the majority of fashion week instagrammers have a fixed lens trained on their key model target - Cara Delevinge, we’ve noticed another (much lesser known – for now) girl being hyped on the websophere. Rodarte sisters Laura and Kate Mulleavy cast relative newbie, Chloe Norgaard, for their autumn/winter 2013-14 show and within a Twitter millisecond Norgaard’s rainbow plaited tresses caused a veritable high fashion hurricane of imagery.
Where Chloe Melissa Norgaard may lose out to Cara D on eyebrow bushy pow, the fact that her wild-child hippy hair colouring has been created by her own artistic hands has fashion eds and beauty pros intrigued.
Chloe on the Rodarte runway (left) and in Metal Magazine (right)
Like a My Little Pony on acid, the Los Angeles-born Texas-raised model Chloe caused a small stir last season at the Marrimeko show (her kaleidoscopic locks at this time were orange, green, blue and pink), but it was her cartoon-like flame locks on the high profile Rodarte runway that cemented her as the mane (geddit?) inspiration for anyone feeling experimental this year. And considering that Helen Mirren has put a big fat mainstream stamp on candy colours (after her baby pink rinse at the BAFTAs) we’re welcoming a rad change.
Chloe Norgaard shot by Terry Richardson for Harpers Bazaar (left) and a close up of her hair at Rodarte (right)
Chloe has already touched down in London for a whopping 22 castings today, so there’s no no doubt we’ll spot her again soon (can’t you just see her at Louise Gray, Meadham Kirchoff or Sister by Sibling?) Before then, you’ve got time to swot up on five facts about this bohemian beauty:
- 1. Her dad is Danish and her moth is from Polish, Irish decent and there’s a dash of French in there too. So now the Norgaard surname makes sense, ja?
- 2. You can follow Chloe’s magical fashion adventures and creative experiments via her tumblr – Art of Translation. You can check up on Chloe’s philosophical quotes on life and even double dare her to do whatever you want! Don't hold us to that.
- 3. As you may have guessed from her hair, Miss Norgaard likes all things multi-coloured. She even eats rainbow food – like a stack of brightly hued waffles.
- 4. She currently resides in New York’s East Village – and makes the most of the hipster area’s art galleries and great boutiques.
- 5. She’s featured in campaign videos for Forever 21, been filmed by Dazed & Confused magazine and been shot by Terry Richardson for Harpers Bazaar.