Writing by Beanie Major, Photography by Harry Cresswell
In Detail's Favourite Feline Jewellery From Mawi’s Panther Heads to Tiger Head Chokers
FELINE JEWELS >>
GUEST BLOG: [a target="_blank" href="http://indtl.com/">'In Detail' blog [/a]dish on the latest jewellery obsession...
We are obsessing over feline jewels right now thanks to the recently launched L’Odyssée de Cartier, a celebratory film which has received over 15 million hits since it launched in March hailing Cartier’s trademark panther as the heroin [watch below].
The cinematography directed by Bruno Aveillan is empowering, the soundtrack; a sensual symphony by composer Pierre Adenot echoes the movement of the panther as it travels through time visiting iconic Cartier symbols along the way.
Click through the gallery above to see our favourite feline jewels >>
On the catwalk we also couldn’t help but notice the oversized tiger head chokers and belts designed by Alber Elbaz for Lanvin AW12. Gunmetal in colour with aqua stones clasped in their teeth they are powerful symbols of feminine beauty.
1. Mawi / Large neon spiked panther head and tube necklace rose gold plated and neon spiked panther head ring in hematite / £625 and £215 / available online from September. ([a target="_blank" href="http://www.mawi.co.uk/UK/">www.mawi.co.uk[/a])
2. Ana de Costa for Chavin / Jaguar bangle in 18ct rose gold vermeil on sterling silver with ruby eyes / £245 / available online. ([a target="_blank" href="http://chavinjewellery.com/our-collection/bracelets/small-jaguar-bangle-in-18ct-rose-gold-vermiel-with-rubies/">chavinjewellery.com[/a])
Not for the fainthearted this bold, strong and sexy jewellery is all about gold, gunmetal, pave stones and classic designs re-interpreted.
Emma Franklin’s tiger pinky ring is reminiscent of the lion rings by 70’s Greek designer Zolotas whilst Mawi’s oversized enameled panther heads that are mounted on chokers, bracelets and rings for her AW12 collection have a injection of neon that gives a striking modern twist.
3. Anita Ko ([a target="_blank" href="http://anitako.com">anitako.com[/a]) / 18k yellow gold and pave diamond Cougar Studs / £2,850 / available on request
4. Emma Franklin / Tiger ring in gold plated silver / £248 / available online ([a target="_blank" href="http://www.emmafranklin.net/tiger/#/images/tiger/tiger_curl_ring_gold.jpg%20">www.emmafranklin.net[/a])
Whether you choose the fierce teeth-bearing rings by Strange Fruit London and LeiVanKash, the elegant diamond pave earrings by american designer Anita Ko, or Jordan Askill’s statement Swarovski elements cuff; it's time to embrace your inner feline.
5. LeiVanKash / Tiger ring in gold plated brass / £215 / available online ([a target="_blank" href="http://www.leivankash.com/product.php?id=19">www.leivankash.com[/a])
6. Little Lucia / Leon necklace in resin and silk fringe / £77 / available at Boticca ([a target="_blank" href="http://en-gb.boticca.com/littlelucia/leon/">boticca.com[/a])
To see more of the best style in jewellery visit [a target="_blank" href="http://indtl.com/">www.indtl.com[/a] or follow the blog on twitter, [a target="_blank" href="https://twitter.com/InDetailBlog">@InDetailBlog[/a]
7. Jordan Askill ([a target="_blank" href="http://www.askillprojects.com/jewellery.html">www.askillprojects.com[/a]) in collaboration with Swarovski Elements / Panther cuff / £7,680 / available on request
8. Strange Fruit London ([a target="_blank" href="http://www.strangefruitlondon.blogspot.co.uk/">www.strangefruitlondon.blogspot.co.uk[/a]) / Panther ring in black rhodium plated sterling silver, 9ct gold teeth and emerald eyes / £440 / available in store at Wolf and Badger ([a target="_blank" href="http://www.wolfandbadger.com/">www.wolfandbadger.com[/a]) and the Great Frog London ([a target="_blank" href="http://www.thegreatfroglondon.com/">www.thegreatfroglondon.com[/a])