Ladies and gentlemen, the big day is nearly upon us when the Marni for H&M collection will finally be available for us to fight swoon over. The gorgeous pieces land in stores across the nation at 9am tomorrow morning (Thursday 8th March) so it’s time to get your game plan prepared. By now, you are, of course, masters in the fine art of designer-slash-high-street collaboration shopping, but when you’re in a queue surrounded by hysterical fashion bunnies, you can easily lose focus. So take heed of our handy how-to guide on what to expect, what to wear, who to take with you and most importantly, what to get!
• Wear your comfiest leggings underneath your coat because not only is the temperature expected to be low tomorrow morning but it will be easier, and less revealing, to try on that print dress right where you’re standing mid-store than do anything as silly and time-wasting as queue for the changing rooms.
• Choose your store carefully and tactically. The bigger and more central the store the busier and more hectic it will be. Check out H&M for a list of stores that will carry the line and get there early!
• Take a friend, boyfriend, your neighbour or team up with another friendly soul in the queue to share, divide and conquer and keep each other’s place in-line for forays to the bathroom or to check out the situation at the other H&M stores nearby. Boyfriends: earn extra brownie points by taking the load of your lady and adding another dress or two to your list.
• Do your research first. Of course, you already have a hit-list, sorry…wish-list so aim for those on it and don’t be destructed by what that pretty girl is holding.
• We've studied the rules and here’s what you need to know: The first 280-560 people in line will be put into groups of 20 with each group receiving a different colour wristband. Called by colour, each group will get 10 minutes to shop.
• Know your size. If you're shopping in store on online at hm.com, purchases are limited to a maximum of one item per person. This means that you can only buy one of each item and only in one size or style.
• Make your target. The pieces are set to sell out super quickly and we have our bets on the silk top and matching trousers that Imogen Poots wears in the campaign being among the first to go.
• Enjoy it! Have fun! And be nice to those around you! Just not too nice though. Those patterned frock was yours from the start and a polite but intense stare-off should be enough to put the point across.
Check back to this very site tomorrow morning - and on Grazia_Live’s Twitter feed - for updates direct from H&M’s Regent Street store. We predict a riot…