After many a stiletto-clad mile walked, cocktail consumed and hundreds of gorgeous clothes that swished past our eyes in a glamorous blur, we’ve taken some time to analyse the full Milano experience. The sun was shining and so was the style both on the streets and the runways. We’re feeling inspired for next Autumn Winter 2012, so click through our gallery above of top ten pointers into next season and you will do too...
1. Geometric is the new floral. According to Prada, Aquilano Rimondi and Missoni. And who are we to argue with Miuccia?
2. FACT: No outfit is complete without a pair of gloves… Especially if we’re wearing Bottega Veneta’s ladylike A/W line in the way they’ve styled it. Soo chic.
3. The evening dressing conundrum gets solved… by Peter Dundas’s collection for Emilio Pucci. When Joan Smalls entered the catwalk with a white tux slung over a black gown, Style.com’s Nicole Phelp’s predicted it as a fash pack party preference from now on.
4. Pajama dressing is really hitting the streets... See, we weren’t just making it up all along! Casting agent Natalie Joos, Vogue Nippon’s Assistant Fashion Editor Viviana Volpicella and PR Carola Seher all rocked them.
5. You will be carrying your bag like this…. So get those forearms pumped and ready for handbag action. Alberta Ferretti, Gucci and Sportmax all say so!
6. You should prepare to cross over to the dark side… and unleash your inner goth. That means dyed black hair , kohl smudged eyes, blood-stained lips and every black slashed velvet dress or lace blouse in between.
7. Prada’s opening and closing girls were…. Vanessa Axxente and Iselin Steiro respectively. And according to the laws of fashion, that should mean you’ll see a lot more of them in the coming season.
8. It’s The MFW Fash Off… Round One of Milano? Giovanna Battaglia Vs Anna Dello Russo. We can’t decide who we adore more. Maybe it’s a truly equal result of super-chic versus uber-fashion.
9. Getting an exact match for your bag and coat is possible, should you have wondered… these five opening looks from Blumarine certainly did tickle us.
10. And finally, we don’t think you’ll ever get tired of talking about Raf Simon’s final collection for Jil Sander… Simply divine.
But what was YOUR highlight from Milan Fashion Week? Let us know below...